DIY Nails ~ the at home french manicure
Another great DIY tutorial here for the perfect french manicure, start practicing now and you’ll have it down pat for your wedding day! XxX
sheer pale pink polish
clear top coat
small paint brush
nail polish remover
Don’t be frustrated if this doesn’t turn out flawless on your first attempt. It can be a little tricky, so just have fun with it and practice!
1. Start with clean, bare nails that have been filed.
2. Using the white polish, paint the ends of your nails slightly thicker than you would like the white tips to be. Don’t worry about being too exact. Depending on the polish you may need to apply 2 coats to achieve solid white tips.
3. Let the whites air dry for a few minutes before starting the next step.
4. Dip your paint brush in nail polish remover and drag it along the inside of the white strip you have painted. Remember to mimic the shape of your nail with a slight curve. You will have to repeat this several times to get a smooth line. Slowly thin the line out until it is the width you like. Continue this on each nail, trying to keep the width of the white tip consistent. Note: Even with a lot of practice, your right hand can be difficult to do (or your left hand if you are left handed). This step might require a little help from a friend. Manicure party!
4. Once you are satisfied with your tips, apply one coat of pale pink polish over the entire nail. It is best to use a more sheer polish for a more natural look.
For more beauty tips and tricks why not visit The Beauty Department!