The Ultimate Top 10 Stylish Wedding Invites: Wedding Stationery
How are you my lovelies? Needing a bit of wedding eye candy to get you through to the mid week? Guest posting today are the über talented wedding stylists Knot & Pop and boy, do these lovely ladies have great taste. Here’s their Ultimate Top 10 Stylish Wedding Invites. Enjoy!!
At Knot & Pop we have a total obsession with invite design and wedding stationery. The invite is the first glimpse that guests get of your big day, so we love invitations that set the scene and begin to tell the story of what’s in store. With your wedding theme decided, reflect this in the invitation design so that all elements blend beautifully together. With a carefully considered design, the invitation can then spin off into a gorgeous set of wedding stationery where place names, table plans and table numbers team together to create a stationery suite to swoon over.
Just like deciding on your preferred fabric for your dress, there is an array on paper on offer that puts a different take on a design. Go for a weighted kraft paper if you’re opting for a country chic wedding, or play with print finishes with white-‐on-‐white embossing for a more minimal and modern wedding. Paper and print are major K&P crushes, so we’ve compiled our current Top Ten of wedding invitations to help get your inspiration underway. In no particular order, as whittling it down to ten was difficult enough!
1. The Effloresce Collection by Bliss & Bone mixes florals with ink blots to create a graphic grace that feels totally fresh and luxurious.
image credit | bliss & bone via 100 layer cake
2. Combining diagonal design with geo goodies, 42 Pressed create a modern take on a wedding invitation that offsets kraft with a brilliant white card. Major stationery swooning.
image credit 42 pressed
3. By Indonesian designer, Cempaka Surakusumah, this invitation is blooming lovely! You can just imagine how gorgeously flower‐filled this wedding will be already.
image credit | cempaka surakusumah via design work life
4. We think this is genius. Mash Design took the concept of ‘growing old together’ and produced a photographic invitation that is highly personal and highly hysterical.
image credit | mash design
5. We love photographer Edyta Szyszlo. She is one stylish lady and for her wedding Save the Date invitation she created a hidden surprise message, pressed in gold foil. We love a bespoke envelope liner, and Edyta created a whole family of them with gold foil and repeat scallop prints splashed across the insides of envelopes.
image credit | edyta szyszlo photography
6. A beautiful poster of Hawaii, sealed with a wax heart stamp – yes please! A crazy amount of paper points are given for the calligraphy, the wave‐printed envelope, the pull out concertina for the travel deets and the total sense of fun and adventure that this invitation creates.
7. We love a monogram and this lovely layered transparent design by Enormous Champion is so stylish and inviting.
8. Laser-cutting loveliness and pop-up precision is on show in this stunning invite that immediately sets the scene for a gorgeous woodland wedding. One of our all-time faves.
image credit | christine & ian via oh so beautiful paper
9. For a touch of botanical beauty, this handkerchief invitation mixes delicate calligraphy with a vintage postcard, bundled with twine for a heart-felt finish.
image credit | lucky luxe couture correspondence via sweet tips
10. Yes we have a bit of a penchant for pink and pineapples, yes we love a bit of animal magic, so how could we not include this fun and frivolous invite that has chickens and cherries, water-coloured in hot pink. This is one fun wedding that we def wish we’d had an invite to!
image credit | happy menocal
So what’s your favourite from our Top Ten? Tweet us @knotandpop to let us know, and share what your invite is like for your big day.
What a beautifully chic selection of wedding invites those gorgeous ladies from Knot & Pop have chosen. If only we could get married time and time again to ensure we could use ALL the pretty paper ideas *sigh*